The SC-350 is an ultra-light, compact, camera system with the SC-166 water well camera designed for water wells, boreholes, and vertical shafts as small as 2 inches (5 cm) to 10 inches (25 cm) in diameter Additional lighting accessories are available to expand the viewing capabilities.
The winch is manually operated with a collapsible handle to make it completely compact, portable and easily shippable. The brake lever allows the user to stop the reel at any point for a thorough inspection.
The system comes standard with the winch, control center, monitor, SC-166 Camera, and power cable. The SC-350 is also compatible with Laval’s R-Cam line of equipment which allows the option to upgrade to an R-Cam System or compliment their existing R-Cam. Contact your local dealer for the full offering of SC-350 Accessories including the depth-counter tripod assembly.
- Cable: 350 feet (107 meters) or 500 feet (152 meters) of Kevlar Reinforced Coaxial Cable
- Cable Head: Detachable Laval Quick-Connect Cable Head, Pressure Rated to 5,000 PSI with Built in Strain Relief.
- Drive: Manual Hand Crank Reel with Collapsible Handle for Maximum Portability
- Power Supply: 12VDC Power Cable. Optional 12V Battery Pack or 120VAC/220VAC Adaptor
- Brake: Interlocking, Manual Brake with Actuator Lever for 360 degree Stopping Capability
- Dimensions: 17 Inches High (43 cm), 15.5 inches Wide (40 cm), 15 inches Deep (39 cm)
- Weight: 22 lbs (10 kg) without cable. 30 lbs (13.6 kg) with 350 feet (107 m) and 33 lbs (15 kg) with 500 feet (152 m)
- Monitor: 7 inch LCD Color Monitor with Adjustable Mounting Bracket
- Depth Counter: On-screen depth Display measured in feet and tenths or meters with Optional Tripod
- Tripod: Optional Tripod with Telescoping Legs extends from 33 inches (84 cm) to 48 inches (122 cm) with Adjustable Sheave Roller. Optional Optical Depth Encoder, Counter Wheel, and Connecting Cables Available.
SC-166 Camera Specification
- Camera Diameter: 1.66 inches (4.22 cm) O.D.
- Overall Camera Length: 16.5 inches (42 cm)
- Housing: Stainless steel
- Lens: BK-7 glass
- Total Camera Weight: 9 lbs (4.1 kg)
- Pressure Rating: Pressure tested and waterproof to 750 psi
- Camera Resolution: Downhole greater than or equal to 540 TVL (both NTSC and PAL)
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 50° C (32° to 122° F)
- LED Lighting: 18 High intensity, long life, shock proof LEDs
Note: Specifications subject to change; please confirm when ordering.
Uses + Applications
New Construction Inspection
Display the Quality of Work and Offer Customer
Recover Lost Tools
Locate and Retrieve Lost Tools
Ground Water Monitoring
Determine Quality, Mineral Conditions, Geological Strata, etc.
What Customers Say
Frequently Asked Questions
The downhole facing SC-166 is suitable for boreholes up to 10 inches in diameter. The R-CAM dual view camera can view boreholes up to 16 inches in diameter. The DC5150 is suitable for borehole diameters up to 30 inches in diameter. Please note, visibility downhole will be impacted by the clarity of the fluid and the available light.
Every camera system will eventually require a repair to the cable head, the point at which the cable and camera physically connect. Over time, the internal connections within the cable head can be strained to the point where they disconnect and cause interference or a complete loss of the video signal. To expedite the repair process, we have cable head repair kits available for both portable systems and large vehicle-based systems.
Conducting surveys with the included centralizers and available lens shield accessory is the best way to ensure that the camera head remains protected downhole. When not in use, store the camera head in an area where it will be safe from unintentional drops or damage. If your camera system is damaged, we offer full repair services at our headquarters in Fresno, California.